"Our greatest responsibility is to be good ancestors."

-Jonas Salk

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Roger makes his point

Prometheus:
Tobis asks later in the exchange:

I’d sure like to know how I “gave ammunition to my enemies”.

Anyone care to give him an answer? (And please focus on the arguments being made not the people making them. Thanks!)
I reply:

Well, Roger, you certainly successfully demonstrated how my words could be used against me.

You win that one. I do wish your proof had been a tad more hypothetical.

At this point my words are being widely redistributed, misquoted and misconstrued. On those grounds alone I wish I had never said them.

The language I used to explain why Revkin’s article was unethical has been demonstrated to be easy to distort and hard to understand. It was a serious tactical error on my part.

QED. Well done.

In closing, let me clearly state that in spite of what hundreds of people who before today had never heard of me apparently believe about me, I do not now suggest and never have suggested that Al Gore or anyone is above criticism, and I don’t believe and have never believed that finding fault with him is tantamount to murder.

Thanks ever so much for the interesting object lesson.