"Our greatest responsibility is to be good ancestors."

-Jonas Salk

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Be It Ever So Inconvenient


Mon pays malheureux, mon regard languissant vers toi se portera.

via Midnight Poutine. The redbuds are budding here in Texas, and it won't be long before we see the bluebonnets. Yet, I'm homesick sometimes for an icy city that has never been kind to me, and rarely enough to anyone else.

Go figure the human soul, nostalgic for a crowded frozen rock in a frozen river on such a beautiful spring day.

6 comments:

Adam said...

I guess one can be homesick for anywhere: I'm homesick for Texas.

Lou Grinzo said...

I'm homesick for the cozy confines of my own naivete about so many energy and environmental issues. As the saying goes, I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.

But only sometimes. I know that there's no safety in ignorance, merely delusion. Still...

Simon Donner said...

For those who don't get the quote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Un_Canadien_errant

Michael Tobis said...

Adam, this time of year it's quite reasonable to be nostalgic for Texas.

Missing Montreal in March, though, especially after a snowy winter, is diagnosable.

Chris Pella said...

Mais, j'aime la neige, je suis un skieur.
(From Ottawa)

EliRabett said...

Wait a few years.