"System change is now inevitable. Either because we do something about it, or because we will be hit by climate change. '...

"We need to develop economic models that are fit for purpose. The current economic frameworks, the ones that dominate our governments, these frameworks... the current economic frameworks, the neoclassical, the market frameworks, can deal with small changes. It can tell you the difference, if a sock company puts up the price of socks, what the demand for socks will be. It cannot tell you about the sorts of system level changes we are talking about here. We would not use an understanding of laminar flow in fluid dynamics to understand turbulent flow. So why is it we are using marginal economics, small incremental change economics, to understand system level changes?"

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

I really must reorganize my blogroll

My blogroll taxonomy just won't do.

For instance I am having trouble categorizing this very interesting chap who wants to exchange blogrollings.

Dennis has been writing quite a lot, and I've only looked a little bit of it.

It's a bit off center but so far I haven't seen much I can disagree with. While my first impression wasn't good, the second was quite favorable. So far, it looks to me like fresh, intelligent thinking from outside the usual channels.

2 comments:

EliRabett said...

Blogrolls are ideosyncratic. In short, not much to worry about, occassionaly necessary to prune and to be added to at will

Michael Tobis said...

Yes to some extent it was an excuse to feature what seemed like an obscure but very interesting corner of the blogosphere.