"Our greatest responsibility is to be good ancestors."

-Jonas Salk

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Not Actually Going Anywhere

I've been enjoying the accolades and kind advice, much appreciated, but you all missed my point.

"I am leaving" means I am leaving. "I am leaving I am leaving", particularly with reference to the Paul Simon song, means I ought to leave for my own health and sanity, but probably, knowing myself, I am not.

However, my online presence is going to change a bit. Expect fewer and shorter contributions for a while, while a new project is in the works.

7 comments:

Jim Bouldin said...

We in for a surprise then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdojUeOrtz4&feature=related

Deech56 said...

Wha - so were supposed to complete the lyric?

"...But the fighter still remains."

This is almost Rabettesque.

;-)

Anonymous said...

heh, my initial thought was "but the fighter still remains"... :)

whatever works best for YOU and also know that a lot of people are genuinely indebted... "long may you run" (it's a Neil thing)

David B. Benson said...

I feel as if I'm stuck with Vladimir and Estragon while waiting for Gudot. Even this thread's so-called explanation sounds like a response from Estragon...

joe said...

As a lurker, I can only say "whew". Your voice of reason is important in these forums. Your frustration, though, is understandable - Paul Simon summarized your opponents perfectly:

"Still a man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest..mmmmm mmmmm"

(the mmms are fingers in ears, no?)

Ron Broberg said...

If your're not actually going anywhere, how will we know when you've left?

Pangolin said...

With the almost daily grind of bad news and worse news on the climate change front I find it difficult to keep from despair and/or rage. I've often wondered how posters like you and Joe Romm deal with the load.

If you're taking a break from confronting it head on I'll thank you now and look forward to whatever you continue to post.