"Our greatest responsibility is to be good ancestors."

-Jonas Salk

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Hits Just Keep On Coming!

Here are Statcounter hits 99,997 through 100,003.



Alas, hit number 100,000 was just the kind I like the least. somebody looking for gold, Gold, GOLD! The hit was sort of ironic, though. They were googling for "Gold Frames"...

Here's the log, with IP's trimmed in case anybody doesn't want it published that they were on In It during work time. The winning hit came in over the noon hour central daylight time today.

Any of the above can have a researched article of their choice at any time, and a dinner any time we are within 50 miles of each other. The Montreal based user (my only reader in my hometown as far as I know) could collect very soon!

Pardon the self-indulgence. Back to our regularly scheduled programming soon!

Oh, I really do like to meet my readers. Had a great dinner in Pasadena last week with a reader (thanks Erik!). I would love to hear from anyone passing through Austin who wants to join me for coffee. Get the occasion in before I'm actually famous and start avoiding people!

3 comments:

bernie said...

Michael:
Perhaps the lower activity level is because many of your regulars are in Denver?

Michael Tobis said...

Hmm. US based In It readers probably skew democratic but I would guess not especially to the enthusiastically democrat. As it happens I am so out of the habit of watching television that I wasn't aware the thing had started. I've got other matters on my plate this week, but it's nice to get the milestone out of the way.

I suppose I should try to catch Gore's speech. I fear the dull, tedious, predictable, bland, pedantic Inconvenient Truth Gore rather than the interesting, creative, insightful, provocative and challenging Assault on Reason one will show up, unfortunately.

bernie said...

I cannot stand listening to politicians speak regardless of their persuasion. IMHO, the last really good political speech was by Winston Churchill in Parliament in June 1940.

To wit:
"We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France,
we shall fight on the seas and oceans,
we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be,
we shall fight on the beaches,
we shall fight on the landing grounds,
we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,
we shall fight in the hills;
we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old."

It was a time when a speech really meant something and the speaker really meant what he said.

Congratulations on passing a tough milestone. Well done.