"Our greatest responsibility is to be good ancestors."

-Jonas Salk

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

2nd Life and Excessive Travel

In answer to not unreasonable complaints about the carbon impact of holding global climate conferences in out-of-the-way resorts like Bali, it's worth noting that a shadow conference is being held on being held on Second Life by Nature magazine, under the inevitable rubric "Second Nature".

I am getting my Second Life tonight (as soon as I come up with a name). Will keep you posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if the attendees from Australia, Singapore, India et al think it's out of the way ...

Michael Tobis said...

Anon, this has been much discussed elsewhere. In short Bali is hardly the place to minimize total travel miles, and in any case there's some question as to what purpose international conferences serve anymore.

That said I am going to one next week, though not in Bali.